The library will be getting a new phone system on Thursday, February 26. Please bear with us while we are learning how it works. Thanks!
The Greenfield Public Library offers weekly emails that feature the newest books, movies, music on our shelves, and upcoming events at the library. Click the link below to sign up!
The Greenfield Room (local history room) will be unavailable on Thursday, March 5 as we reorganize the collection to serve you better. Thank you for your patience.
The Greenfield Public Library will turn its LeVanway meeting room into a coffee house on the fourth Sundays in January, February, and March. In conjunction with the Coop Concerts, the Library will be host Cooped Up at the Library concerts in the meeting room from 2 to 4 pm on March 22 featuring Pat and Tex. The program will begin with an open mic from 2 to 2:30. Sign up will be required with the main performance beginning at 3, and refreshments provided by the Friends of the GPL will be for sale for $1. Admission is by donation. Space is limited, so early arrival is recommended. Doors open at 1:45.
Open to residents and students in Franklin County.
Two categories: Adult and Young Poet (ages 12-18)
• Submit up to three poems. Number pages of multi-page poems.
• Only unpublished poems may be submitted.
• Previous winners (first place) may not submit poems.
• Top-placing youth poets may re-submit when they enter a new age category.
• Indicate “Adult” or “Young Poet,” and Young Poets write your age on the front of the sheet where the poem appears, lower right hand corner, circled.
• No identifying information on front of sheet, where poem appears; no staples.
• On reverse side of each poem, write your name, address, telephone number,and e-mail address, if available. Poems will not be returned.
• Submit on white 8.5 x 11 paper, printed clearly in ink or typed in plain typeface; no markers.
• Notification of receipt of entry will be via email, unless SASE is included with entry.
Send poems to: POET’S SEAT CONTEST, Greenfield Public Library, 402 Main St., Greenfield, MA 01301
DEADLINE: MARCH 9, 2015 (POSTMARK)
AWARD CEREMONY: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 7 pm, Capen Room, Stoneleigh-Burnham School, 574 Bernardston Road